These delicious cookies are a snap to make. With only five ingredients, you’ll have them done in no time. With only 8 g carbohydrates per cookie, they’re great for those watching carbs. They also have protein and fiber, so it’s a wonderful little pick-me-up. Recipe is originally from Laaloosh.com
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats (or half quick and half rolled)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until well combined.
- Add the oats and baking soda. Mix well.
- Drop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet by tablespoonfuls.
- Press the tines of a fork into the top of each cookie to make the traditional crosshatch pattern (optional).
- Bake for 6 – 9 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 24
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 24 servings
Serving size is about 1 cookie
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/2 Points +
PER SERVING: 67 calories; 2.5g fat; .4g saturated fat; 8g carbohydrates; 4.8g sugar; 2g protein; 1g fiber