Best Stove Top Chicken and Rice Recipe
This is a delicious stove top chicken and rice recipe that you and your family will love.
This creamy dish involves chicken and wild rice with parmesan, just like a casserole but everything is cooked on a stove!
Need a nutritious yet satisfying comfort food? Something that’s easy to make? Look no further. The only thing time consuming is precooking the rice. After that everything is a breeze.
The creaminess of this stove top chicken and rice recipe will come from the half and half & shredded Parmesan (gluten free and no flour!)
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total: 1 hour and 10 min
Calories: 429 kcal
1 ½ cups of uncooked wild rice
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 lb boneless and skinless chicken thighs into smaller slices
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried parsley
2/3 cup of half and half
½ cup shredded Parmesan
1/3 cup of chicken broth
1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook the wild rice and add the ¼ tsp and 1/8 tsp of salt into a large pot of boiling water. Look at the package instructions to make sure. Takes about 45 minutes to cook.
2. When the rice is about cooked, heat the 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add in the onion and minced garlic and cook on medium. Keep stirring until about 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and add salt generously, then oregano, parsley, thyme. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally or until cooked.
4. When the rice is finished, add the cooked rice to the skillet and mix.
5. Add the 2/3 cup of half and half, 1/3 cup of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add ½ cup of shredded Parmesan. Stir until melted on medium-low heat. Add salt to taste if needed.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/3 cup of chopped parsley.
Now serve, enjoy and share this stove top chicken and rice recipe!